๒๕๕๐-๐๑-๐๙

The Origins.

I took these posts down. They deserver to be back up: with comments.

Why I like ePrize
Hi, my name is Joshua. Joshua Hamman. I work at ePrize and I like it. I'm starting this blog as the ying to the yang that has already been created by someone else.

If you are here, then you are probably already aware of the other blog. You are probably already aware of the "situation" at ePrize, but let me give you my take on things, as a current employee, as someone who has been in this industry for over 10 years, and someone who is not afraid to put their name behind their thoughts.

ePrize is, hands down, the most fun I've ever had at a job. Its also the hardest I've ever worked at a job. It seems to me that this is a fair exchange, as they are paying me for a reason. I've never worked at a company where the upper management was more visible, approachable or involved, than at ePrize.

Some people (who shall remain nameless, mainly because we don't know who they are) see the additional things that ePrize has put in place for their employess as chains designed to hold us there. I don't know about you, but to me, subsidised catered lunch, free water and soda, great health benefits, incredible 401k matching, on site manicures, dry-cleaning pickup and drop off and all the other things we have are not chains. Sure you could argue that they were put in place to keep employees in the building so they can squeeze more work out of us. OR. You can view them as very generous gestures from a management team that KNOWS how hard people are working, and KNOWS how much people are giving, and are trying to give some back to help allievate the current situation.

For me, the fact that I can get my fix of BW3's spicy garlic every tuesday makes a difference.

Everything is life is a choice. YOUR choice. You can choose to focus on the negatives of any situation, including work. I'm not here to say ePrize is perfect, far from it. I'm not here to say ePrize is for everyone, nothing is. I'm here to say I work at ePrize, I bust my ass at ePrize, I get pissed off at ePrize. But at the end of the day, I'm PROUD to say I work at ePrize. Call me a cog, call me a dreamer, call me whatever you like, but I know that what I do there everyday is making a small amount of difference. And thanks to the publicity I've gotten from putting my name to my thoughts I now have the opportunity to share my thoughts on why I like ePrize.

And the guy that started it has a pretty cool name too. Thanks Josh!

"Don't expect, suggest"

Joshua Hamman

Posted by Joshua at 5:00 PM

5 Comments:

nospam said...
GET BACK TO WORK

8/16/2006 6:34 PM
dizgruntled said...
Welcome to the world of ePrize blogging.

I hope you have success with your 'positive' blog.

*I'm available for guest apperances*

8/16/2006 9:33 PM
dizgruntled said...
One more thing...I checked out your website.

I guess you haven't had time to update your work experiece since you started work @ ePrize.

Again, that makes me sad.

8/16/2006 9:36 PM
Joshua said...
Welcome Dizgruntled, thanks for stopping by. It's only appropriate you popin here, as you were the inspiration!

In regards to my site, it was the same way when I was at my last job. But there I worked 10-5ish (4:30). So its not because of ePrize that I don't update. More directly correlated to World of Warcraft I think, so no need to be sad!

8/17/2006 5:56 AM
pjd said...
dizgruntled. just so you know, you come off as a petty, small person in your postings. we all get it. you didn't like working at eprize. you worked too hard. you weren't paid enough. you quit. great. now get over it and move on with your life. clearly you are a mousy little person who was afraid to ask intelligent questions when you started, too meek to talk to leadership about your concerns when you were working there, and now that you left, you are "changing the world" by posting a whiny, anonymous blog. wow. i just have a ton of respect for you. i've had many jobs with many bosses over the years. i have been in situations similar to yours. never once have i failed to act when i was in a position to do something about it. however, once i left, i was gone. it's over. you won. you got out. move on. grow up. the world (and eprize) owes you nothing. the sooner you figure that out, the happier you will be.

8/18/2006 6:51 AM

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น: